MY STAY IN COVENANT UNIVERSITY SO FAR

 


MY STAY IN COVENANT UNIVERSITY SO FAR

 

 

It is popularly known as THE GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL. I would disagree with anyone who tagged it as that, the school is a different place entirely and I must say that I am enjoying my stay in this school. From when I entered SS3, I have always aspired to come to this citadel and finally, I am here. The first day was very stressful as expected, and it was quite impossible to say that the screening exercise could have been shorter though I expected a bit of hospitality from the school. After a long, tedious journey, I arrived around 10 am to my long admired dream, we were welcomed by the security personnel and were directed to the hostel area. Simultaneously, the EAGLETS (Graduating set) had their party, so there was a lot of traffic when we tried to navigate our way to the hostels. We got to the hostels and after completing a 5-hour screening, I could now say that I have settled down. I met my roommates already settled down. I was happy with the roommates because they didn’t seem like people who would give me trouble and it is evident. During the chapel service the next day, I was elated by the presentation by the choir and the coordination, also the university chaplain preached and advised us to be careful about whatever we do and to put God first in all aspects of our lives. After that I was already famished so I branched to the cafeteria near the hostel (popularly known as CAF 1) to get food, I must say that the food was perfect even though most of the shops had not fully resumed. We had to start preparing for the next day because orientation was starting the next day. The reason for the orientation was to enable the freshers to get used to the school's culture. Around 7 pm in the night, there was an impromptu call for all students to report to the university chapel for a “welcome service” which was meant to thank God for the new academic session. The service was quite long and it ended around 11 p.m. though I wished it had not stopped because of the interesting address by the DSA (Dean of Student Affairs). She is a female by gender and has a very intriguing personality. She made the address very funny despite still passing on the right information even though we were already tired. The next day orientation began and it was a very stressful exercise but it was essential. I noticed one thing about the facilitators, they kept saying that “Covenant University was the best school in Nigeria and all other achievements”. It was bizarre hearing the same thing all over again. There were times that there were Q/A sessions and a tall boy in a suit and black shirt, About 6 six centimeters taller than me kept coming out to ask questions weirdly. It got everyone frustrated, but somehow he made people laugh. The orientation session lasted for four days and we finished on a Friday. The weekend was even more interesting, we had sports on Saturday and we were told to walk to the university stadium. To be serious, the walk was long, it was as if we had no destination but finally, we got there. We were divided into groups: Football, basketball, and so on. Most of the boys populated the football section which I was also part of. Departments were matched against each other. My department of Mechanical Engineering was matched with the industrial physics department. The whistle was blown and the match started. There were lots of fouls and fortunately for me, I scored the winning goal, the match ended 1-0 in our favor. It was at this point that I realized that a week had passed and I was shocked at how time flies. I realized that in this school, attendance is key and it is very important to attend classes or else your exams will be nullified. The next week started and we started our lectures, I was surprised at how many there were because we looked like ants at their anthill. The hall was huge but was not large enough to accommodate the 2500+ students in the hall. While some were left standing in the back seat, I got a comfortable seat in the middle of the class. I met a lot of people I knew including primary school friends and so on. Monday was quite busy and we had lectures throughout the day. The lecturers were very accommodating and were very effective throughout the lessons. I saw some of Covenant University rules come into action as some people were locked outside the hall for lateness, and others' gadgets were seized during the class for wrong usage. Till this point, I hope I will still have more to write about Covenant University and I hope I don’t graduate before my time. Thanks for reading and I hope to expect more from me.

ASSIGNMENT ONE

Microsoft Word is a word processor developed by Microsoft. It was first released in 1983 under Multi-Tool Word for Xenix systems. MS Word is a   popular word-processing program used primarily for creating documents such as letters, brochures, learning activities, tests, quizzes, and student homework assignments. Many simple but useful features are available in Microsoft Word to make it easier to study and work. That's why so many people would prefer to convert the read-only PDF to editable Word and edit PDF in Word.

 

Assignment two  

                                       

























           

 


Comments